Sunday, September 18, 2011

Unexplained error in Wordpress? "Internal server error" ?

I have been getting these weird errors when posting, what at first, seemed like random occurrences of posts crashing my installation:
"The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.  Please contact the server administrator, support@b2e.co.za and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error."

 After Googling this, and reinstalling elements of my Wordpress installation, clearing .htaccess files and the like, I found that the only way to correct this error, was to trash my last post. Then the site would go back up as per normal. Things that make you go "Hmmm".

I played with the tags, categories, labels etc and nothing seemed to "cure" the errant post. I finally deleted the picture I had simply pasted in, and voila! The post was updated and the site stayed up too :)

I then loaded the picture via the "Insert Image" process and the site stayed up. Weird that pasting a pic in would do that. To try and replicate the problem I just pasted in another pic directly into a post, and the error was not replicated, so much for reliable scuence...

Anyway, its worth a try if your posts crash your Wordpress installation ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment